Proc stuff

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 5 08:47:16 EDT 2001

ian.nelson at echostar.com said:
> I need some extra bits added to the proc/mtd.  For the product I'm
> building we want to have things from the flash registers like the
> Device ID and "AMD flash"

Those aren't particularly generic bits of information - why do you think
they should be present at that level? That kind of detail is reported in the
boot messages, not in /proc/mtd. Does your eth0 device provide a way to find
out which chipset it is?

Perhaps we could make the CFI drivers put slightly more informative
information in the 'name' field, but that doesn't work nicely if you have
partitions which override the original name.

--
dwmw2