Proc stuff

Ian S. Nelson ian.nelson at echostar.com
Wed Apr 4 18:48:34 EDT 2001

I need some extra bits added to the proc/mtd.  For the product I'm
building we want to have things from the flash registers like the Device
ID and "AMD flash"

Anything else anyone wants while I'm in there?  Also, I was thinking I'd
just add a few extra columns to the /proc/mtd file if that's distasteful
I could create a /proc/mtd directory and put a few different "files" in
there.  Any comments before I start hacking?

thanks,
Ian Nelson

PS, it's bloody fast on my system too.  I have this hilo burner that
takes 20+ minutes to burn a 2Mbyte flash while MTD does it in closer to
20 seconds.  Very very cool.