journalled fs on partitioned flash

Peter Kundrat kundrat at pkx.sk
Wed Sep 27 02:05:15 EDT 2000

Greetings,

My idea to configure the embedded i386 box with Doc Millenium flash
was to create 2 partitions, with one partition beeing used for cfg
data and the second for cramfs. When trying jffs, i found that it
required mtdblock to be mounted on. With this requirement i dont see
any other way how to get my desired setup with partitioned flash
(except for ext3 on ntfl, but that doesnt seem to be ported to 2.4
(i havent checked latest status)).

So it seems i have to use compressed loop over jffs on mtdblock.
Does anybody have such a config working ?

When i tried to dd if=rootfs.jffs of=/dev/mtdblock/0 i got
end_request: I/O error, dev 1f:00 (mtdblock) sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev 1f:00 (mtdblock) sector 254
etc. every 254 blocks
and dd hung in D state (__wait_on_buffer+0x4c)

Is it a known problem ? Does any have cloop working on 2.4 (on
first try the compilation choked .. i'll have a closer look
whether it was my fault or not).

	Thanks for any advice,

		Peter