sbc-mediagx

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Sep 14 08:54:46 EDT 2000

ajlennon at arcom.co.uk said:
>  FlashFx implements VBF to support block access to the media and to
> provide wear levelling amongst other things (I believe). The "Variable
> Block Flash" component is *not* a filesystem. It simply translates
> logical sector requests to physical flash locations.

Similar in principle, then, if not in implementation, to FTL.
A kind of pseudo-filesystem which is used to emulate a block device.

Does it use the concepts which are patented by M-Systems? I believe that
the patents in this area are extremely broad, and cover almost all obvious
methods of implementing wear levelling.

--
dwmw2