Instructions on hotwo use MTD devices?

Chris Price chris.price at cal.montage.ca
Wed Sep 13 12:48:38 EDT 2000

	Hi;

        I am current doing some r&d work with the 'Graphics Client Plus'
from
ADS (www.flatpanels.com). I would like to be able to use the flash
memory as a read-only file system while the system is running. The guys
at the
LART project figured that MTD might fit the bill.

        Will MTD work with the flash devices on my ADS board? I haven;t
clue what kind they are other than the chips are Intel, part #E28F128.

	As far as a filesystem goes, what do I use? JFFS? ext2? Is it up
to me?

        Can someone provide some more info, or a link to a howto?

        Your help is greatly appreciated.

        Chris