MTD CVS update: 'mtd/kernel mtdblock.c'

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Oct 24 04:14:50 EDT 2000

sjhill at cotw.com said:
>  Made changes so that 'mtdblock' would build with 2.2.x kernels again
> and not only on ARM platforms. People PLEASE remember that this code
> is used in two different kernel trees AND on different CPU
> architectures.

*(int *)0=0; doesn't cause an oops on all platforms. That was why BUG() was
introduced. Probably better just to omit my paranoia checks altogether,
once we're happy that mtdblock actually works. For now, surround them in
#ifdef PARANOIA. I thought I'd done that already.

DECLARE_MUTEX_LOCKED wants adding to compatmac.h if it's not already there.

What was the reasoning for removing the 'static' from the declaration of
thr_wq?

Anyway, it didn't build _only_ on ARM - it built on SH too :)

--
dwmw2