Boot EBSA285 using root filesystem stored in flash

Louis Hamilton hamilton at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 16:10:53 EST 2000

Hello,

I'm looking for information on moving our root filesystem (currently NFS
mounted
on a Linux host box) to flash memory on our EBSA285 (sa110) development
card.

We would like to eliminate the step where the kernel uses NFS to mount the
filesystem and instead boot the target using a filesystem stored in flash.

Do you know of any write-ups, urls, etc. to help achieve this goal?
I expect the MTD subsystem would (or could) be an important piece to
solving the puzzle.

thanks,
  -Louis

Louis Hamilton