Does Compact Flash work ?

Ralph Stickley rstickley at datalux.com
Mon Mar 13 17:25:32 EST 2000

Not sure if this is a good place to ask...but...

Is anyone using the Compact flash as an IDE device ?

Do these need the flash drivers used for the Disk-On-Chip ??

The problem I'm having is using these devices with the ext2 file system
format. Seems to work ok with DOS, but simply doing an fdisk and
formatting for ext2 and they act "strange" - seek errors, drive ready,
etc...fdisk doesn't seem to like them, but I can't find the CHS
infomation for any of my cards (Sandisk/PQI 32MB)...

Thanks in advance...
Ralph Stickley
Datalux, Corp.