nftl_format destroys the file system

Dvir Oren dvir at lucidvon.com
Mon Mar 13 13:28:28 EST 2000

I tried nftl_format /dev/mtd0 49152 so that it won't destroy M-
Systems' firmware, and also tried formatting the flash entirely, and
then putting the firmware on it using dd, but for some reason, after I
boot the machine, the ext2 file system is destroyed.  If I check the
file system before boot, everything is fine, and I can mount and
umount and everything is there.  One thing I discovered is that
when I run fdisk /dev/nftla, I get 1022 blocks, but when I format the
flash with M-Systems' utilities, I get 999 blocks.

I will run somre more tests soon, but in the meantime, does
anybody have any idea why this happens?

Of course, if the file system will work, and with the patched LILO I
posted, and with a 2.3 kernel, I should be able to boot from the
flash using MTD.

---------
Dvir Oren <dvir at lucidvon.com>
Lucid VON Ltd.     <http://www.lucidvon.com>
9 Saloniki St.,        Tel-Aviv       Israel
Tel:  +972 3 644 3038  Fax:  +972 3 644 3039