HW platform

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jun 18 06:33:37 EDT 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> What about them? Most of the build in devices in the 860 (the
> communication controller stuff) already has drivers. You will need to
> write flash (mtd) drivers (the recent CFI stuff might work though).

CFI stuff ought to work fine if you flash is capable of command set #0001
- "Intel/Sharp Extended". Actually my code only uses the basic commands,
so if you change the lookup it should work on "Intel/Sharp
Standard" (0003? I'm at home with no specs ATM).

All you need to do is point the CFI code at the region where the flash is
mapped in memory - see include/linux/mtd/map.h and kernel/nora.c

Probably, all you'll have to do is change the WINDOW_ADDR and possibly
WINDOW_SIZE definitions at the top of nora.c

I may give it a more sensible name at some point in the future :)

The only other thing to be aware of is that I don't believe JFFS has
actually been tested on BE machines - although I don't really expect it to
turn up any problems.

I'll be fixing up the Intel command set code so that it doesn't busy-wait
for erases at some point in the near future - probably after I get back to
the UK next Thursday.

--
dwmw2