persistence of files using jffs

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Jul 15 09:26:10 EDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Juan Gonzo wrote:

> Our system has 4 Intel Strataflash chips that are coupled pairs
> to give us 32MB at 32bits data width.  In the structure 'map_info',
> I set the 'buswidth' field to 4.
>
> The startup code uses the write32 functions, but when I mount
> I noticed that write16 functions are being used.  As well, in
> the file cfi_cmdset_0001.c, only write16 functions are called.
> Is this causing a problem for our system?

Almost certainly. That geometry isn't supported yet, for the simple reason
that I haven't actually met a board which does it yet.

Copy the cfi_intelext_*_1_by_16 routines and make 2_by_16 versions. It
shouldn't be difficult. We also need to check the geometry in
cfi_intelext_setup() and make the MTD device's methods point to the right
set of functions.

--
dwmw2