gc_minfree_threshold

Nick Ivanter nick at auriga.ru
Sat Aug 26 07:08:10 EDT 2000

David,
I have just noticed some strange things in the code dealing
with gc_minfree_threshold. I guess you added that code that is
why I am addressing my questions to you.

First, when you initialize c->gc_minfree_threshold to 5%
of the total Flash size, you then make sure that it is not less
than a sector size. Why? Shouldn't it rather be not less than
fmc->min_free_size?

Second, when you evaluate a gc starting criteria in
thread_should_wake(), you compare gc_minfree_threshold with
dirty_size. I guess there should be free_size instead.

Thanks,
Nick