Silicon storage technology disk on chips

Matt Hortman mbhortman at ieee.org
Sat Aug 19 09:12:39 EDT 2000

> Has anyone here heard of the ssti disk on chips and whether they
> are compatible with the m-systems chips?
>
> The website is at
>
> http://www.ssti.com

I just took a look at the datasheet for their ATA-Disk Chip.  It has a
completely different pinout and design goal than the M-Sys DOC.  The
SSTI chip is designed to go directly on an IDE bus and look like a
hard drive.  The pinout is completely different.  It also does not
require an additional drivers other than IDE.

(I haven't used one, I gleaned this from the datasheet).

-Matt