Procedure for mounting DOC2000

Mark Jackson mdj at phoenix.bmedesign.com
Thu Aug 17 14:45:53 EDT 2000

>From what I've gathered by reading the mail lists, what I'm doing
should work, but for some reason it's not.

I have a PC104 board with a DOC2000 at 0xe000; the m-systems linux
driver works fine.

# ./util/MAKEDEV
# /sbin/insmod mtdcore.o
# /sbin/insmod doc2000.o
# /sbin/insmod nftl.o
# mount /dev/nftla1 mnt
mount: /dev/nftla1 has wrong major or minor number

There is nothing in /proc/mtd

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  There is really very
little documentation which describes how to get this working...

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Jackson
Senior Engineer
email mdj at phoenix.bmedesign.com

-- The ideas expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect those
of my employer.  Come to think of it, they don't really reflect mine
either!