Integrating 2000 and Millenium drivers

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 15 03:29:10 EDT 2000

miguel at cetuc.puc-rio.br said:

>     BTW, I've just begin hacking DoC last month, so forgive me if I'm
> missing some good reason why these drivers can't be merged...

There's no particularly good reason to keep them separate if we can merge
them without killing the performance. I split them up so that I could point
people at doc2001.c and say 'There. Make it work if you want to'.

Now that's done, I don't see any particular reason to keep them separate.

Code reuse is wonderful as long as it doesn't mean shitloads of conditional
branches in the inner loop of the access functions. I think we can merge
them without doing that, so why not?

--
dwmw2