Has MTD production quality support for DOC2000?

Stuart Lynne sl at whiskey.fireplug.net
Mon Aug 14 04:00:01 EDT 2000

In article <ylbvgx88b7i.fsf at ganglot.ifi.uio.no>,
Sigurd Urdahl <sigurdur at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at redhat.com> writes:
>> sigurdur at ifi.uio.no said:

>> Linking the M-Systems drivers into your kernel will place _you_ in violation
>> of the GPL and you may be sued,

Only if you give someone else a copy of the kernel.... you are not violating
GPL if you use it for your own use.

>If the driver is compiled as a module and I use loadlin and initrd to
>load it from a Dos-formatted DOC I thought I would be in the clear
>_legally_, but I know it's not a very good idea tachnically or moraly.

Yes, legal. Personally I think it is is no better or worse technically. And
I'm not sure how it could be bad morally....

There will be a new driver available from M-Systems in the near future
that makes it easier to use as a module.

--
                                            __O
Fireplug - a Lineo company                _-\<,_