Has MTD production quality support for DOC2000?

Stuart Lynne sl at whiskey.fireplug.net
Mon Aug 14 04:02:18 EDT 2000

In article <200008102356.QAA02347 at devel.ftel.com>,
Mike Kilburn <mkilburn at ftel.net> wrote:
>David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Linking the M-Systems drivers into your kernel will place _you_ in violation
>> of the GPL and you may be sued, so why not help out with the MTD drivers?
>>

>Also, last I checked, the M-Systems driver disables interrupts for quite
>a long time while writing to the device. This makes it unusable in
>a real-time embedded system. Switch to a SanDisk if you can.

The new driver addresses this issue. It is not actually the driver that
disables interrupts, the block layer does it before calling the device
request function. And in some cases the driver can take some time writing
due to erasing. The new driver will do a schedule_timeout() instead of
busy waiting.

--
                                            __O
Fireplug - a Lineo company                _-\<,_