no success

Trevor Woolven trevw at zentropix.com
Thu Apr 27 05:45:31 EDT 2000

David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > yes, all the nftla* devices have 93 as major number. Another thing, is
> > that the kernel displays no messages about the MTD drivers. Should it
> > show something?
>
> It should. Are you sure you patched the init routines in properly? The
> patch in the CVS patches (?) directory ought to work. Anyway, I'm
> supposed to be on holiday. Trevor?
>
> --
> dwmw2
Hi,

Apologies but I've been away for 10 days or so.
It sounds to me as if the init routines have not been set-up correctly
as Dave suggested.

linux/init/main.c - do_basic_setup() calls init_mtd()
mtd.c - init_mtd() calls the rest of the configured init routines.

I can't remember if there's much screen output to see, there should be
something. If in doubt, try enabling the DBG output, (recompile with
-DZDBG).

Hope this helps, if not get back to me with some more details

Cheers

Trev.
--
Zentropix Inc - a Lineo company

Tel: +44 (0)1273 234 647	 Fax: +44 (0)1273 704 482

Visit http://www.zentropix.com/ for Real Time Linux Tools
Visit http://www.realtimelinux.org/ for Real Time Linux Information