(Fwd) DoC2000 Kernel problems

Dvir Oren dviro at hotpop.com
Thu Nov 25 17:03:10 EST 1999

From:           	Dvir Oren <dviro at hotpop.com>
To:             	Majordomo at imladris.mvhi.com
Subject:        	DoC2000 Kernel problems
Date sent:      	Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:35:27 +0200

I have two questions that I hoped you might be able to help me with:

1.  I'm not able to compile the files into the kernel.  For some
reason, when I compile the drivers into the kernel, I can't reach
/dev/nftla with fdisk, and I can't mount /dev/nftla1.  I applied the
patch from this mailing list, and still the same thing.  Anybody got
any ideas?

2.  I'm trying to create a diskless system using DoC2000 flash.
My problem is initializing the flash with the root file system, and
stuff that I need there, without connecting a disk to it.  I thought
about using Etherboot, however it has the same problem that lilo
has with M-Systems' firmware, that does not allow it to boot.
Anybody has any ideas?

Dvir Oren
<dviro at hotpop.com>
<http://thor.prohosting.com/~dviro>