MTD Changes?

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at deltatee.com
Wed Jun 23 18:40:31 EDT 1999

Has anyone worked on the MTD stuff lately? I have a few changes that I
think would be usefull. The most notable is support for JEDEC number
sensing from flash devices, and ROM/RAM determination. Once the JEDEC
number is determined it is possible to automatically size the flash chips
and determine the writing algorithm to use.

I'd like to encode the JEDEC number into the mtd structure and have a
table of JEDEC -> Info for controling things that write to flash.

Also, I have half written a driver for the Octagon 5066 SBC if anyone is
interested..

Jason