your mail

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at deltatee.com
Thu Jul 8 18:53:49 EDT 1999

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, David Woodhouse wrote:

> > Anyway, having come over from the uClinux project, I am very
> > interested in anything you may have.  I can also lend a hand.  We've
> > had XIP from FLASH now for about a year, but are stuck using ROMfs
> > (which as you know is read only).

Can you fire over your patch to ROMfs to make it do this? The 2.2.10
kernel version doesn't.

> We don't have XIP. We _do_ have FTL, and are working on FFS2. The situation is
> something like this:

I have read only ffs2 running, but the hair brained compression scheme is
giving me pain :<

On lwn there was a pointer to a Hard Hat linux which also claimed flash
support with a flash file system, anyone know more about those guys?

Jason