lilo clarification

Dvir Oren dviro at lucidvon.com
Sat Dec 18 18:23:31 EST 1999

I just realized that I forgot to mention that the lilo that I sent was
compiled for libc6, and it is lilo version 21.

M-Systems provides a plilo which was compiled for libc5, and is lilo
version 20.

Lilo version 20 is incompatible with lilo version 21, as far as the
boot.b file is concerned.

Oh, and as of lilo 21, they already included some of the changes
that M-Systems included in the patch, and put them under an
#ifdef (xxx_LARBE_EBDA, or sometihng like that).  Now, if
someone would be able to do that with EtherBoot, I would be a
happy man.

---------
Dvir Oren <dvir at lucidvon.com>
Lucid VON Ltd. <http://www.lucidvon.com>
Twin Towers 2,     Suite 406,     P.O.Box 159
35 Jabotinsky street, Ramat-Gan 52511, ISRAEL
Tel:+972 3 6137214         Fax:+972 3 6137215