Beginner with DoC

Brian Michalk michalk at alerta.net
Fri Dec 17 10:57:30 EST 1999

Spoken like a person whose been bitten.

I did not get the kernel drivers to compile properly, but gave up as soon as
I found out that the patch was for the kernel drivers.
My application is pretty interesting ... at least for me.  It's for data
collection in a vehicle, and the computer is essentially a remote embedded
PC.  For years I wanted something like this with a UNIX I could afford.  Now
with DOC, I can have my computer, log in to it and do anything I would have
been able to do with a full blown computer out there.

I've always fiddled with the various stamps, flashlight controllers, and
lots of ZWorld controllers, but this is going to be much better.

PS: To whom it may concern:
May I make a suggestion (as a newcomer)?  This list has the "reply to" set
to the original author.  I'll bet there are a lot of private email
conversations going on that could answer a lot of the problems for people
like me.  It would be nice if the replyto were set to the list as well as
the original author.