mtd-19990809 including readonly DiskOnChip driver.

Jason Gunthorpe jgg at deltatee.com
Tue Aug 10 16:49:01 EDT 1999

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, David Hinds wrote:

> Hmmm.  What specific problems have you had?  As far as I know, there
> are no outstanding bugs with the PCMCIA memory card drivers.  And I
> don't really see how changing the card detection method would help:
> identifying memory cards is not hard.

Well, the big problem is that it simply cannot detect an empty card (with
no CIS) - I've watched QNX do it so I know it can be done, and I'm pretty
sure they rely on CFI or JEDEC ID flash methods [which is exactly what the
mapped flash driver implements]. There were a few other weird things I had
happen to me while futzing with that, but have forgotten many of the
details.

Jason