mtd-19990809 including readonly DiskOnChip driver.

David Hinds dhinds at zen.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 10 12:54:02 EDT 1999

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 10:33:22AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I've used the PCMCIA drivers on memory cards, they do not work very well
> at all - I -strongly- suspect that many problems would go away simply by
> using the fancy detection code that is being put into the mapped layer, so
> for me keeping compatibility with the old pcmcia driver isn't such a big
> deal.

Hmmm.  What specific problems have you had?  As far as I know, there
are no outstanding bugs with the PCMCIA memory card drivers.  And I
don't really see how changing the card detection method would help:
identifying memory cards is not hard.

(I'm not arguing about the new code one way or the other, since I
haven't looked at it yet.  But as long as I'm supporting the current
code, I'm obviously interested in knowing about bugs)

-- Dave Hinds