Documentation from M-Systems.

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Mon Aug 2 09:11:31 EDT 1999

The good news:

I have received a file from M-Systems which they tell me is "a specification
of NFTL, and data sheet & programming spec for the DiskOnChip Millennium"

The bad news:

The attached file was of MIME type 'application/ms-tnef', and I have no clue
how to read it. I forwarded it to one of our Marketing people - the only
people in the company who still have Windows on their desktop - but he had no
luck either. I've asked (embarrassingly) for another copy, in Word or PDF
format.

Hopefully, I'll have a file which I can read within a day or so, and will be
able to produce a useful driver within a fairly short period of time.

I have no instructions from M-Systems as to their intentions regarding
this documentation - whether it's to be made available to the public or
whether it's for my eyes only. As I've signed no NDA, I suppose the former,
but I'm just going to confirm that with them before I make it available. They
may want me to make it available only to people who are (or seem) genuinely
interested in contributing to the Linux driver.

David Woodhouse        David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com       Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,     Process Information Systems      Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.