[QUESTION] what kind of support does MT6797 has?

Matthias Brugger matthias.bgg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 18:30:50 GMT 2021

Hi Mohammad,

On 13/02/2021 19:29, Mohammad Rasim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an old Redmi note 4X phone with an MT6797 soc, unfortunately the vendor
> hasn't released a kernel for that device.

Unfortunately the upstream support for the board is rather rudimentary.
https://mtk.wiki.kernel.org/matrix/mobile_chips

If you want to help, you can find some old BSP kernel source here:
https://github.com/mbgg/linux-x20/tree/helio-x20

But beware that you will need to use it only as reference and rewrite the
drivers from scratch.

Regards,
Matthias