[GIT PULL] arm64: dts: mediatek: changes for v5.13 (second round)

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Apr 7 17:06:44 BST 2021

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 1:00 PM Matthias Brugger <matthias.bgg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Olof and Arnd,
>
> Here comes the second round of arm64 DT patches. Hope I'm not too late.
> Basically we add several node to MT8167.
> Fabien Parent (6):

>       arm64: dts: mediatek: mt8167: add some DRM nodes

I stumbled over this patch adding a lot of aliases:

+       aliases {
+               aal0 = &aal;
+               ccorr0 = &ccorr;
+               color0 = &color;
+               dither0 = &dither;
+               dsi0 = &dsi;
+               ovl0 = &ovl0;
+               pwm0 = &disp_pwm;
+               rdma0 = &rdma0;
+               rdma1 = &rdma1;
+               wdma0 = &wdma;

Something doesn't quite feel right about this, and I checked with Rob,
who also thinks this looks wrong. I suppose we need to have a set of
well documented alias types rather than just having drivers make up
new ones on the spot.

I also noticed that some of the referenced nodes are missing a DT
binding file, so those need to be added and reviewed as well.

At this point, I'd prefer to drop the entire branch for v5.13 and have
you work it out for the next release.

       Arnd