[RFC v4 05/11] dt-bindings: drm/mediatek: Add Mediatek HDMI dts binding

Philipp Zabel p.zabel at pengutronix.de
Wed Oct 28 10:50:23 PDT 2015

Hi Rob,

thank you for the comments.

Am Freitag, den 23.10.2015, 07:29 -0500 schrieb Rob Herring:
[...]
> > +Mediatek HDMI Encoder
> > +=====================
> > +
> > +The Mediatek HDMI encoder can generate HDMI 1.4a or MHL 2.0 signals from
> > +its parallel input.
>
> How do you know whether it is HDMI or MHL on a given board? You should
> have a connector node perhaps.

Sounds sensible. I haven't really thought about MHL, my test board has a
slimport bridge. For HDMI we already have the "hdmi-connector"
compatible. I suppose for MHL we'd have to add a new "usb-connector"?

> > +
> > +Required properties:
> > +- compatible: Should be "mediatek,<chip>-hdmi".
> > +- reg: Physical base address and length of the controller's registers
> > +- interrupts: The interrupt signal from the function block.
> > +- clocks: device clocks
> > +  See Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/clock-bindings.txt for details.
> > +- clock-names: must contain "pixel", "pll", "bclk", and "spdif".
> > +- mediatek,cec: phandle link to the HDMI CEC node.
>
> Do you have more than 1 CEC block? If not, just find the compatible
> node with of_find_compatible_node.

MT8173 only has one CEC block, so I will drop this property again.

> > +- ddc-i2c-bus: phandle link to the I2C controller used for DDC EDID probing
>
> This really should be part of a connector node as I2C bus goes to the
> connector, not the HDMI block.

So I should add that as an optional property to the hdmi-connector
binding. I'll have to check how DDC is handled for MHL.

[...]
> > +HDMI PHY
> > +========
> > +
> > +The HDMI PHY serializes the HDMI encoder's three channel 10-bit parallel
> > +output and drives the HDMI pads.
> > +
> > +Required properties:
[...]
> > +
> > +Optional properties:
> > +- ibias: TX DRV bias current for <1.65Gbps, defaults to 0xa
> > +- ibias_up: TX DRV bias current for >1.65Gbps, defaults to 0x1c
>
> prefix with "mediatek,"

Will do.

regards
Philipp