Patch for Supporting FBSplash?

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu May 15 10:25:34 EDT 2008

On 15/05/08 09:25 +0200, ConiKost at gmx.de wrote:
> Hello!
> I am using here under gentoo uvesafb, so get a nice fbsplash during booting. But i noticed, that this only works with uvesafb. I can't use lxfb. It this normal? (lxfb only loads an framebuffer, but the fbsplash it not getting loadad) I am asking, because lxfb seems a little bit faster for me.

You would probably need to change both gentoo and fbsplash to get it to work
with something other the the VESA framebuffer driver, but I wouldn't worry
about it - unless you are using a non VESA resolution (which you obviously
are not), then there is no advantage to using lxfb.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer