Geode lxfb framebuffer not working

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Jun 12 10:30:28 EDT 2008

On 11/06/08 00:54 +0300, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
> > I can't seem to get the "lxfb" framebuffer on my Debian system with
> > 2.6.25-4 kernel. The screen goes blank (with some green lines at the top
> > part) during the boot
>
> I get this with a 2.6.25 kernel as well. Green lines with legacy BIOS,
> complete blankness with coreboot, however I haven't investigated it much.
> I distinctly remember 2.6.24 working better, but the configuration I used
> for .25 was a new one, not a oldconfig from the working .24
>
> Jordan, this is the thing I've been telling you about lxfb in 2.6.25 not
> working for me, but haven't been able to follow-up with more testing and
> detail yet.

Unfortunately, I have three different platforms within spitting distance
all happily running lxfb in 2.6.25 (and a 2.6.26-rc even).  Clearly
there must be some sort of difference in our setups, and I have to lean on
you guys to supply the missing details.  I want to help, but I need your
help to get me started.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse