Geode lxfb framebuffer not working

Kushal Koolwal kushalkoolwal at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:04:07 EDT 2008

>Can you switch the mode manually from the command line with fbset?

Using fbset did not help:

debian:~# fbset -v 1024x768-60
Linux Frame Buffer Device Configuration Version 2.1 (23/06/1999)
(C) Copyright 1995-1999 by Geert Uytterhoeven
Opening frame buffer device `/dev/fb0'
Reading mode database from file `/etc/fb.modes'
Using video mode `1024x768-60'
Setting video mode to `/dev/fb0'
debian:~#
After giving the above command when I git Ctrl-Alt-F1 I see some garbage (random graphic color) and it seems as if the console freaked out. Pressing Ctrl-Alt-F7 (returning to GDM) gets back everything to normal. I tried 800x600 also but same results.

> So you are saying that the lxfb boots fine at 800x600 at 60? Have you tried
> any other modes?
What I meant was I can only see the UGLY (normal) screen during the boot process if I don't pass any parameters. No it does not work on 800x600 at 60 and 640x480 at 60 either. Sorry for the confusion.

Please let me know if posting any other config file may help resolving this issue.

Thank you very much for your time.

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD