Trouble porting Geode LX Graphics_Video4Linux2_03.03.0000

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Jun 6 11:31:50 EDT 2008

On 06/06/08 12:48 +0200, Holger Mueller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a customer asked me to port the 2.6.11 v4l2 driver to  a 2.6.18 kernel for
> theire embedded hardware.
>
> In general Linux works well on that machine, and they have choosen 2.6.18 as
> kernel version for their system image.
>
> The cimarron driver compiles cleanly on the newer kernel (geode registers are
> accessable and seem to be in sane state).
>
> The lxv4l2 part was a little bit harder (detection of pci devices has
> changed).
>
> After initialising  the saa7115 video decoder the geode registers the clock
> interrupt of the video signal.
>
> Now my problem:
>
> by calling you example Application LinuxVPE I only get a rectangular overlay
> which is grayed! out. Mr. Pietrek and I have tried to figure out where this
> gray color is comming from.

I am not familiar with the LinuxVPE application, so I don't know what color
key it uses, but a grey key would be somewhat sane.  If it is a grey key,
then your problem is that you are not getting any video in, or it isn't
being correctly sent to the overlay.

> Setting ckey_x to 0 in cim_df.c results in no visible change at all.
> arround line 679:
> WRITE_REG32 (DC3_CLR_KEY_X, ckey_x);

That register controls the color key for graphics, which is probably not
what you are looking for.  You need to verify that the video data is
being correctly written into memory and that the overlay is set up to
process the colorspace.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse