Trouble porting Geode LX Graphics_Video4Linux2_03.03.0000

Holger Mueller holger.mueller at dass-it.de
Fri Jun 6 06:48:23 EDT 2008

Hello,

a customer asked me to port the 2.6.11 v4l2 driver to  a 2.6.18 kernel for
theire embedded hardware.

In general Linux works well on that machine, and they have choosen 2.6.18 as
kernel version for their system image.

The cimarron driver compiles cleanly on the newer kernel (geode registers are
accessable and seem to be in sane state).

The lxv4l2 part was a little bit harder (detection of pci devices has
changed).

After initialising  the saa7115 video decoder the geode registers the clock
interrupt of the video signal.

Now my problem:

by calling you example Application LinuxVPE I only get a rectangular overlay
which is grayed! out. Mr. Pietrek and I have tried to figure out where this
gray color is comming from.

Setting ckey_x to 0 in cim_df.c results in no visible change at all.
arround line 679:
WRITE_REG32 (DC3_CLR_KEY_X, ckey_x);

Do you have any hint where to take a closer look or can tell me contact which
is related to linux driver development?

Best regards

   Holger Müller

Holger Müller                             holger.mueller at dass-it.de
dass IT GmbH                              Phone: +49.221.3565666-95
http://www.dass-IT.de                     Fax: +49.221.3565666-10

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRB52500
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Dühr, M. Außendorf, J. Steffens, P. Storz