MACHINE ID

hong zhang henryzhang62 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 16:16:48 EST 2010

Russel,

I boot TI816x_EVM and get

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 81000000 ...
   Image Name:   Arago/2.6.34-psp04.00.00.06/c6a8
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1930068 Bytes =  1.8 MB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

Error: unrecognized/unsupported machine ID (r1 = 0x000007d9).

Available machine support:

ID (hex)	NAME
00000af0	ti8168evm

Please check your kernel config and/or bootloader.

I feel the U-boot does not put 0xaf0 to r1 instead 0x7d9. Actually both of them are listed in arch/arm/tools/mach-types. Why does not kernel match with 0x7d9?

---henry