[GIT PULL] ARM64 RK808 defconfig fix

Sebastian Reichel sebastian.reichel at collabora.com
Wed Jun 21 05:28:54 PDT 2023

Hi Arnd,

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 11:36:48AM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2023, at 19:49, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> > Since I did not get any feedback for the defconfig patches from [0] and they
> > are fixing a KernelCI regression (Rockchip Chromebooks no longer boot because
> > of missing PMIC driver), I prepared a pull request with the defconfig change
> > instead as suggested by Tony [1]. It consists of the rk806 immutable branch
> > prepared by Lee Jones [2] and the arm64 defconfig patch. I will send a second
> > pull request for the arm32 multi_v7 defconfig. This is targeting linux-next.
> >
> > [0]
> > https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230518040541.299189-1-sebastian.reichel@collabora.com/
> > [1]
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-omap/20230604060436.GT14287@atomide.com/
> > [1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230515152425.GV10825@google.com/
>
> I don't think it's important to have bisectable defconfig changes,
> and I'd prefer to just cherry-pick the two defconfig patches in
> this case if that's ok with you.

Sure, please go ahead. I just want to make sure that the regression
is fixed.

By the way, what's the merge strategy for defconfig patches? Apart
from my RK808 fixes we have some other pending defconfig updates and
nobody seems to care:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230504201916.1121243-1-cristian.ciocaltea@collabora.com/
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230604171345.1215276-1-cristian.ciocaltea@collabora.com/

> > The following changes since commit ac9a78681b921877518763ba0e89202254349d1b:
> >
> >   Linux 6.4-rc1 (2023-05-07 13:34:35 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >

> > ssh://git@gitolite.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-misc.git/
> > rk806-defconfig-fix-arm64
>
> This is also not a public git URL, you may need something like this
> in your .gitconfig to generate better pull requests:
>
> [url "https://git.kernel.org"]
>     insteadOf = ssh://git@gitolite.ra.kernel.org

oops, I actually have the reverse thing in my .gitconfig and didn't
notice it gets applied for 'git request-pull'. Thanks for the hint.

Greetings,

-- Sebastian