[GIT PULL] Qualcomm driver updates for v6.3

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Mon Jan 30 07:18:45 PST 2023

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023, at 17:30, Bjorn Andersson wrote:
> The following changes since commit 6049aae52392539e505bfb8ccbcff3c26f1d2f0b:

> Qualcomm driver updates for v6.3
>
> This introduces a new driver for the Data Capture and Compare block,
> which provides a mechanism for capturing hardware state (access MMIO
> registers) either upon request of triggered automatically e.g. upon a
> watchdog bite, for post mortem analysis.
>
> The remote filesystem memory share driver gains support for having its
> memory bound to more than a single VMID.
>
> The SCM driver gains the minimal support needed to support a new
> mechanism where secure world can put calls on hold and later request
> them to be retried.
>
> Support for the new SA8775P platform is added to rpmhpd, QDU1000 is
> added to the SCM driver and a long list of platforms are added to the
> socinfo driver. Support for socinfo data revision 16 is also introduced.
>
> Lastly a driver to program the ramp controller in MSM8976 is introduced.

Hi Bjorn,

I don't feel comfortable merging the DCC driver through drivers/soc/
at this point: This is the first time I see the driver and it introduces
a complex user space ABI that I have no time to review as part of the
merge process.

I usually try to avoid adding any custom user space interfaces
in drivers/soc, as these tend to be things that end up being
similar to other chips and need a generic interface.

In particular I don't see an explanation about how the new interface
relates to the established drivers/hwtracing/ subsystem and why it
shouldn't be part of that (adding the hwtracing and coresight
maintainers to Cc in case they have looked at this already).

Can you send an updated pull request that leaves out the
DCC driver until we have clarified these points?

      Arnd