[ARM64] status of MTE selftests?

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Fri May 6 09:32:04 PDT 2022

On Fri, May 06, 2022 at 04:50:41PM +0200, Cornelia Huck wrote:

> I'm currently trying to run the MTE selftests on the FVP simulator (Base
> Model)[1], mainly to verify things are sane on the host before wiring up
> the KVM support in QEMU. However, I'm seeing some failures (the non-mte
> tests seemed all fine):

> Are the MTE tests supposed to work on the FVP model? Something broken in
> my config? Anything I can debug?

I would expect them to work, they seemed happy when I was doing
the async mode support IIRC and a quick spin with -next in qemu
everything seems fine, I'm travelling so don't have the
environment for models to hand right now.

> [1] Command line:
> "$MODEL" \
> -C cache_state_modelled=0 \
> -C bp.refcounter.non_arch_start_at_default=1 \
> -C bp.secure_memory=false \
> -C cluster0.has_arm_v8-1=1 \
> -C cluster0.has_arm_v8-2=1 \
> -C cluster0.has_arm_v8-3=1 \
> -C cluster0.has_arm_v8-4=1 \
> -C cluster0.has_arm_v8-5=1 \
> -C cluster0.has_amu=1 \
> -C cluster0.NUM_CORES=4 \
> -C cluster0.memory_tagging_support_level=2 \
> -a "cluster0.*=$AXF" \

> where $AXF contains a kernel at v5.18-rc5-16-g107c948d1d3e[2] and an
> initrd built by mbuto[3] from that level with a slightly tweaked "kselftests"
> profile (adding /dev/shm).

What are you using for EL3 with the model?  Both TF-A and
boot-wrapper are in regular use, TF-A gets *way* more testing
than boot-wrapper which is mostly used by individual developers.