Regression: PM: domains: Delete usage of driver_deferred_probe_check_state #forregzbot

Thorsten Leemhuis regressions at leemhuis.info
Sun Aug 28 04:59:53 PDT 2022

TWIMC: this mail is primarily send for documentation purposes and for
regzbot, my Linux kernel regression tracking bot. These mails usually
contain '#forregzbot' in the subject, to make them easy to spot and filter.

On 17.08.22 12:47, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [TLDR: I'm adding this regression report to the list of tracked
> regressions; all text from me you find below is based on a few templates
> paragraphs you might have encountered already already in similar form.]
>
> Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker.
>
> On 16.08.22 08:21, Peng Fan wrote:
>> Hi Saravana,
>>
>> The following two patches breaks NXP i.MX8ULP, but I think
>> it may break others use SCMI.
>> [...]
>> When sdhc driver probe, the scmi power domain provider has not
>> been registered. So __genpd_dev_pm_attach directly return
>> -ENODEV.
>>
>> device_links_check_suppliers should already check suppliers,
>> but scmi protocol device not have compatible, so
>> of_link_to_phandle
>>       |-> of_get_compat_node
>> use the parent node of scmi protocol as supplier if I understand
>> correct.
>>
>> I am not sure whether we need to revert the above two patches,
>> or do you have other suggestions?
>
> Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression
> tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced 5a46079a9645
> #regzbot title pm: booting on NXP i.MX8ULP broke
> #regzbot monitor:
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220727185012.3255200-1-saravanak@google.com/
> #regzbot duplicate: https://lore.kernel.org/all/Yvpd2pwUJGp7R+YE@euler/
> #regzbot ignore-activity

#regzbot fixed-by: 13a8e0f6b01b1

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.