Regression: PM: domains: Delete usage of driver_deferred_probe_check_state

Thorsten Leemhuis regressions at leemhuis.info
Wed Aug 17 03:47:04 PDT 2022

[TLDR: I'm adding this regression report to the list of tracked
regressions; all text from me you find below is based on a few templates
paragraphs you might have encountered already already in similar form.]

Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker.

On 16.08.22 08:21, Peng Fan wrote:
> Hi Saravana,
>
> The following two patches breaks NXP i.MX8ULP, but I think
> it may break others use SCMI.
> [...]
> When sdhc driver probe, the scmi power domain provider has not
> been registered. So __genpd_dev_pm_attach directly return
> -ENODEV.
>
> device_links_check_suppliers should already check suppliers,
> but scmi protocol device not have compatible, so
> of_link_to_phandle
>       |-> of_get_compat_node
> use the parent node of scmi protocol as supplier if I understand
> correct.
>
> I am not sure whether we need to revert the above two patches,
> or do you have other suggestions?

Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, my Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced 5a46079a9645
#regzbot title pm: booting on NXP i.MX8ULP broke
#regzbot monitor:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220727185012.3255200-1-saravanak@google.com/
#regzbot duplicate: https://lore.kernel.org/all/Yvpd2pwUJGp7R+YE@euler/
#regzbot ignore-activity

This isn't a regression? This issue or a fix for it are already
discussed somewhere else? It was fixed already? You want to clarify when
the regression started to happen? Or point out I got the title or
something else totally wrong? Then just reply -- ideally with also
telling regzbot about it, as explained here:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/tracked-regression/

Reminder for developers: When fixing the issue, add 'Link:' tags
pointing to the report (the mail this one replies to), as explained for
in the Linux kernel's documentation; above webpage explains why this is
important for tracked regressions.

P.S.: As the Linux kernel's regression tracker I deal with a lot of
reports and sometimes miss something important when writing mails like
this. If that's the case here, don't hesitate to tell me in a public
reply, it's in everyone's interest to set the public record straight.