[GIT PULL v2] ARM: mvebu: fixes for v5.9 (#1)

Arnd Bergmann arnd at kernel.org
Mon Oct 26 15:01:34 EDT 2020

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 5:37 PM Gregory CLEMENT
<gregory.clement at bootlin.com> wrote:

> Hello Arnd and Marek,
>
> I don't know why but I didn't receive the email from Arnd. It is thanks
> to Marek answer that I was able to see it. I also don't see Arn email in
> the arm-kernel archive mailing list;
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2020-October/date.html

I've been having problems with my @arndb.de address getting flagged as
spam, so the problem is on my end.

> > On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 10:23:07 +0100
> > Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
> >> On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 3:01 PM Gregory CLEMENT
> >> <gregory.clement at bootlin.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Gregory,
> >>
> >> as you may have noticed, your last set of pull requests didn't make
> >> it in so far, sorry about that.
>
> Is there a way to avoid this in the future ?
>
> For the last release I was not notified that the pull request was
> merged, so I wasn't worried about it. I was surprised to not see my
> branch in the arm-soc tree, but i though that the branch was not
> updated on the server.

There was some lack of communication on our side: Olof had done
all the merges but then wasn't around for the last few weeks and
I failed to notice that I should take over.

> >> I have taken this one into the arm/fixes branch now and
> >> will send it in the next few days. I see that one of the fixes has a
> >> Cc:stable tag and the other one is not urgent, so they will make it
> >> into the stable kernels.
> >>
> >> The other two branches you sent are not part of v5.10. Let me
> >> know if you prefer me to pick these up for v5.11 unchanged or
> >> you'd rather rebase the contents and send new pull requests.
>
> Actually there was 3 other branch: dt, dt64 and arm. I will rebase them.
>
> However I wonder if it could worse to apply the patch "MAINTAINERS:
> switch mvebu tree to kernel.org" to 5.10, as it will help people to know
> where is located the current development branch.

Yes, please send that as a bugfix, I generally take MAINTAINER file
updates along with code fixes as they are obviously harmless and
useful to have in the release.

        Arnd