[GIT PULL v2] ARM: mvebu: fixes for v5.9 (#1)

Gregory CLEMENT gregory.clement at bootlin.com
Mon Oct 26 12:37:25 EDT 2020

Hello Arnd and Marek,

I don't know why but I didn't receive the email from Arnd. It is thanks
to Marek answer that I was able to see it. I also don't see Arn email in
the arm-kernel archive mailing list;
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2020-October/date.html

> On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 10:23:07 +0100
> Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 3:01 PM Gregory CLEMENT
>> <gregory.clement at bootlin.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gclement/mvebu.git tags/mvebu-fixes-5.9-1
>> >
>> > for you to fetch changes up to 0b58725fb9a446890c1fd28fc6c9e393ce21acb7:
>> >
>> >   ARM: mvebu: drop pointless check for coherency_base (2020-09-24 10:19:06 +0200)
>> >
>> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> > mvebu fixes for 5.9 (part 1)
>> >
>> > - Allow to use correct MAC address for particular DSA slaves /
>> >   ethernet ports on Espressobin (Armada 3720)
>> >
>> > - Remove incorrect check in ll_get_coherency_base() used for Armada
>> >   370/XP SoCs.
>> >

>> Hi Gregory,
>>
>> as you may have noticed, your last set of pull requests didn't make
>> it in so far, sorry about that.

Is there a way to avoid this in the future ?

For the last release I was not notified that the pull request was
merged, so I wasn't worried about it. I was surprised to not see my
branch in the arm-soc tree, but i though that the branch was not
updated on the server.

>> I have taken this one into the arm/fixes branch now and
>> will send it in the next few days. I see that one of the fixes has a
>> Cc:stable tag and the other one is not urgent, so they will make it
>> into the stable kernels.
>>
>> The other two branches you sent are not part of v5.10. Let me
>> know if you prefer me to pick these up for v5.11 unchanged or
>> you'd rather rebase the contents and send new pull requests.

Actually there was 3 other branch: dt, dt64 and arm. I will rebase them.

However I wonder if it could worse to apply the patch "MAINTAINERS:
switch mvebu tree to kernel.org" to 5.10, as it will help people to know
where is located the current development branch.

>> I see Marek Behún sent three more fixes Cc:soc at kernel.org.
>> I assume you are going to pick these up and send a pull
>> request for them, but I can pick them up directly if that helps.
>>
>>       Arnd
>
> Arnd, Gregory, these fixes are not stable yet, please don't pull them.
> We will send a new version after we end up our discussion about that
> issue with Marvell.

OK, so I will submit a new pull request for fixes once the new version
will be submitted.

Thanks,

Gregory

--