pull-request: can 2020-11-11

Marc Kleine-Budde mkl at pengutronix.de
Wed Nov 11 16:39:11 EST 2020

On 11/11/20 8:05 PM, Rob Herring wrote:
>> after v5.10-rc1 the flexcan bindings were converted to yaml. This causes
>> several unneeded regressions on i.MX53 based boards and/or SoC specifying the
>> fsl,stop-mode property in their flexcan node.
>>
>> This series fixes these problems by first updating the affected i.MX SoC dtsi
>> files and then fixing the flexcan yaml binding.
>>
>> After I got the OK from the DT and fsl people, the plan is to upstream this via
>> net/master. If this is not an option, I'll send individual patches.
>
> There's no need for dts changes to go into 5.10. dtbs_check is nowhere
> near warning free yet. They should go via the soc tree. The schema
> fixes do need to go in and I can take them. However, all the issues
> still aren't fixed:

Right, this shows up with the dt_binding_check...

> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/imx5-clock.example.dt.yaml:
> can at 53fc8000: compatible: 'oneOf' conditional failed, one must be
> fixed:
>         ['fsl,imx53-flexcan', 'fsl,p1010-flexcan'] is too long
>         Additional items are not allowed ('fsl,p1010-flexcan' was unexpected)
>         'fsl,imx53-flexcan' is not one of ['fsl,imx7d-flexcan',
> 'fsl,imx6ul-flexcan', 'fsl,imx6sx-flexcan']
>         'fsl,imx53-flexcan' is not one of ['fsl,ls1028ar1-flexcan']
>         'fsl,imx25-flexcan' was expected
>         'fsl,imx6q-flexcan' was expected
>         'fsl,lx2160ar1-flexcan' was expected
>         From schema:
> /home/rob/proj/git/linux-dt/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/can/fsl,flexcan.yaml
>
> Either the imx5-clock.yaml example needs changing or the schema does.
> I'm guessing it's the former.

Ack. I've created a patch to fix this:

http://lore.kernel.org/r/20201111213548.1621094-1-mkl@pengutronix.de

> I've applied the 2 schema patches here.

Thanks

Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                 | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Embedded Linux                   | https://www.pengutronix.de  |