pull-request: can 2020-11-11

Rob Herring robh+dt at kernel.org
Wed Nov 11 14:05:31 EST 2020

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 7:05 AM Marc Kleine-Budde <mkl at pengutronix.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> after v5.10-rc1 the flexcan bindings were converted to yaml. This causes
> several unneeded regressions on i.MX53 based boards and/or SoC specifying the
> fsl,stop-mode property in their flexcan node.
>
> This series fixes these problems by first updating the affected i.MX SoC dtsi
> files and then fixing the flexcan yaml binding.
>
> After I got the OK from the DT and fsl people, the plan is to upstream this via
> net/master. If this is not an option, I'll send individual patches.

There's no need for dts changes to go into 5.10. dtbs_check is nowhere
near warning free yet. They should go via the soc tree. The schema
fixes do need to go in and I can take them. However, all the issues
still aren't fixed:

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/imx5-clock.example.dt.yaml:
can at 53fc8000: compatible: 'oneOf' conditional failed, one must be
fixed:
        ['fsl,imx53-flexcan', 'fsl,p1010-flexcan'] is too long
        Additional items are not allowed ('fsl,p1010-flexcan' was unexpected)
        'fsl,imx53-flexcan' is not one of ['fsl,imx7d-flexcan',
'fsl,imx6ul-flexcan', 'fsl,imx6sx-flexcan']
        'fsl,imx53-flexcan' is not one of ['fsl,ls1028ar1-flexcan']
        'fsl,imx25-flexcan' was expected
        'fsl,imx6q-flexcan' was expected
        'fsl,lx2160ar1-flexcan' was expected
        From schema:
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-dt/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/can/fsl,flexcan.yaml

Either the imx5-clock.yaml example needs changing or the schema does.
I'm guessing it's the former. I've applied the 2 schema patches here.

Rob