Reset controller on the Amlogic SoC board.

Anand Moon linux.amoon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:14:12 EDT 2020

Hi Neil,

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 18:36, Neil Armstrong <narmstrong at baylibre.com> wrote:

> Hi Anand,
>
> On 23/07/2020 12:49, Anand Moon wrote:
> > Hi Neil / Martin / Jerome / Kevin.
> >
> > I am a bit investigating the reset controller for the Amlogic SoC board.
> > Each of thes reset controllers have different reset IP features.
> > So we should map the reset controller to appropriate IP nodes
> > in the DTS to make this work.
>
> Correct support is already done for Meson8/8b/GXL/GXBB/G12A/A1.
>
> Can you specify which features are missing ?

Yes, the reset controller is working fine.
Currently we have only one reset controller _reset-controller at 1004_

But what observation is that we could have different reset controller
reset-controller at 1004
|--22  Sys_cpu_capb3
|--21  Dos_capb3
|--20  Mali_capb3
|--19  Hdmitx_capb3
|--18  Nand_capb3
|--17  Capb3_decode
|--16  Gic

reset-controller at 1008
|--14   Sd_emmc_c
|--13   Sd_emmc_b
|--12   Sd_emmc_a
|--11   Ethernet
|--02  USB_OTG

reset-controllet at 4410
|--8  Audio DAC
|--6  AHB BRIDGE CNTL
|--5  tvfe
|--4  AIFIFO
|--3  Sys_cpu_bvci
|--2  EFUSE
|--1  SYS CPU
|--0  Ring oscillator

reset-controller at 4414
|--15  I2C_Master 1
|--14  I2C_Master 2
|--33  VENCL
|--12  VDI6
|--10  RTC
|--9   VDAC

This is what I would like to make it work.

-Anand