Reset controller on the Amlogic SoC board.

Anand Moon linux.amoon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:49:00 EDT 2020

Hi Neil / Martin / Jerome / Kevin.

I am a bit investigating the reset controller for the Amlogic SoC board.
Each of thes reset controllers have different reset IP features.
So we should map the reset controller to appropriate IP nodes
in the DTS to make this work.

Following are the reset controller reg ip blocks as per the Datasheet
Datasheet :- S805_Datasheet V0.8 20150126
Datasheet :- S905X_Datasheet V0.3 20170314publicversion-Wesion
On GXBB / GLX
RESET_REGISTER   ----> 0xc11004404
RESET1_REGISTER ----> 0xc11004408
RESET2_REGISTER ----> 0xc1100440c
RESET3_REGISTER ----> 0xc11004410
RESET4_REGISTER ----> 0xc11004414
RESET5_REGISTER ----> 0xc1100441c
RESET6_REGISTER ----> 0xc11004420

DataSheet - S922X_Public_Datasheet_V0.2-Hardkernel.pdf
G12B / S905X3
RESET0_REGISTER ---> 0xFFD01004
RESET1_REGISTER ---> 0xFFD01008
RESET2_REGISTER ---> 0xFFD0100C
RESET3_REGISTER ---> 0xFFD01010
RESET4_REGISTER ---> 0xFFD01014
RESET5_REGISTER ---> 0xFFD0101c
RESET7_REGISTER ---> 0xFFD01020

Each of the reset controllers have some different bit fields,
For that we need to have reset binding macros accordingly.

Please share your thoughts and If you have some inputs or
another approach please let me know.
I just want your feedback before preparing
and submitting some patches.

Sorry my English is a bit poor to express hope you
will understand what changes I am proposing.

-Anand