issue with kexec/kdump on imx6ull

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Tue Mar 20 12:12:59 PDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 06:16:08PM +0100, Arthur LAMBERT wrote:
> Le Tuesday 20 Mar 2018 à 15:07:23 (+0000), Russell King - ARM Linux a écrit :
> >
> > Okay, I recommend that you (and everyone else) uses the tree at:
> >
> >   git://git.armlinux.org.uk/~rmk/kexec-tools.git
> >
> > which is now up to date with mainline, plus includes the necessary
> > fixes for the mis-merge, and subsequent fixes from a previous size-
> > related problem from January.
> >
> > There's also a ti-keystone2 branch which contains an additional
> > (hacky and untested) patch which allows reading the coredump
> > generated by kexec on a crash.
>
> Hi Russell,
>
> Thanks for your answer. I run my test again with the userspace
> kexec tool from git://git.armlinux.org.uk/~rmk/kexec-tools.git.
> The result is always the same.
>
> All the patch from your first answer seems to be integrated in
> the master branch on this git. I also double check my test to
> be sure that its was not an integration error.
>
> Do I need to integrate other patches ? January related problem ?

They're all included there.  Please try running kexec in debug mode
when loading the kernel, and report the output.

Also, please run 'size' on the top-level vmlinux and
arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux.

Lastly, please do not use the --dtb argument to kexec: this will
remove any modifications that the boot loader has done, such as
specifying how much memory there is, and where it is located.

I consider kexec's --dtb argument to be very harmful on ARM.

Thanks.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 8.8Mbps down 630kbps up