issue with kexec/kdump on imx6ull

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Tue Mar 20 08:07:23 PDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:43:02AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 11:04:27AM +0100, Arthur LAMBERT wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to use kexec/kdump on imx6ull evaluation kit without success.
> > kernel : git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git
> > kernel tag : rel_imx_4.9.x_1.0.0_ga
> > defconfig : imx_v7
> > device tree :  imx6ull-14x14-evk
>
> The wrong patch was merged into kexec-tools, breaking ARM support for
> kexec.  I think I pointed this out to the kexec-tools maintainers after
> it had already taken ages to get the patches merged, but never received
> any response, so I now no longer care about the allegedly maintained
> kexec-tools, sorry.
>
> I've been considering putting a working git tree on git.armlinux.org.uk
> to replace the "official" kexec-tools.

Okay, I recommend that you (and everyone else) uses the tree at:

  git://git.armlinux.org.uk/~rmk/kexec-tools.git

which is now up to date with mainline, plus includes the necessary
fixes for the mis-merge, and subsequent fixes from a previous size-
related problem from January.

There's also a ti-keystone2 branch which contains an additional
(hacky and untested) patch which allows reading the coredump
generated by kexec on a crash.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 8.8Mbps down 630kbps up