[GIT PULL 1/2] omap defconfig changes for v4.15 merge window

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu Nov 2 12:25:31 PDT 2017

* Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> [171102 15:49]:
> > Few omap2plus_defconfig changes for v4.15 merge window to enable NEON
> > based crypto and droid 4 USB PHY. Also let's run savedefconfig again
> > to save a bit of space and make it easier for people to send patches
> > against omap2plus_defconfig.
>
> I'm not too fond of the blind 'rerun savedefconfig' patches. Can you respin that
> branch and separate that one into at least two patches doing:
>
> - one trivial patch to move the config options that have not changed but only
>   appear in a different line

Hmm OK. And we get patches causing issues like this because.. savedefconfig
was not run for a while and people are having hard time generating patches
against it :)

> - one patch that drops the other options and has an explanation for each one
>   why it's not there any more. Split this up further if necessary.
>
> I mainly want to be sure when we do this that we have not accidentally
> dropped an option that got renamed but is actually required for some users.

Sure I'll do that later on for v4.16 as there's no huge rush to do it right
now as the merge window is about to open.

Meanwhile, below is an updated pull request with just the savedefconfig
patch dropped. Naturally this one can wait too if needed.

Regards,

Tony