No output on console despite ignore_loglevel earlyprintk

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Fri Mar 3 09:17:47 PST 2017

Am 03.03.2017 um 18:07 schrieb Marc Gonzalez:
> On 03/03/2017 17:59, Andreas Färber wrote:
>> Am 03.03.2017 um 17:42 schrieb Marc Gonzalez:
>>> 	chosen {
>>> 		stdout-path = "serial:115200n8";
>>> 	};
>>>
>>> Isn't stdout-path = "serial:115200n8" supposed to be equivalent to
>>> console=ttyS0,115200 ?
>>
>> First of all, that should probably be serial0, and it needs to be
>> defined as an alias. In my case that's a given.
>
> My DT root node contains
>
> 	aliases {
> 		serial = &uart;
> 		eth0 = &eth0;
> 	};
>
> Should I be using serial0 everywhere?
> (I thought I could call it "foo", if I wanted.)

Most serial drivers call of_alias_get_id() to retrieve the index - feel
free to add some debug output to see whether "serial" and "serial0"
behave the same, I haven't tested - literal "foo" will definitely behave
differently since the drivers check for "serial".

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)